We are a ‘partial dispensing’ practice. This means that:
- If you live within 1.6km (1 mile) of a chemist we are unable to dispense your medications ourselves, and you must take your green prescription form to the community pharmacy of your choice.
- If you live further than 1.6km (1 mile) from a chemist you have the choice of having your medications dispensed by our on-site dispensary or by taking your green prescription to the community pharmacy of your choice.
Our dispensary opening times are the same as the practice opening times (08:30 to 18:30 Monday to Friday).
If you require any medicines urgently at any time we are closed, please telephone 111.
Repeat prescriptions can be ordered in a variety of ways (see below) and take 48 hours to process. Items ordered online outside of our opening hours will not be processed until the following working day and will not be ready for collection until 2 working days from that day.
We encourage patients to order Repeat Prescription Online using EMIS Access or the NHS App. Ordering online can be done 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, and will clearly show you which items are available to order.
Telephone requests for repeats may be made between:
- 00am and 11.30am, and 2.00pm and 4.00pm Monday to Thursday
- 00am to 12 noon on Friday.
Repeat prescriptions are not done on Saturday or Sunday. The telephone number for repeats is 01777 872356.
The Right Hand Side of your prescription will list all of your repeat medications. You are welcome to tick the boxes of the items you need to reorder and return the slip to the dispensary counter.
Extensive exemption and remission arrangements protect those likely to have difficulty in paying charges (NHS prescription and dental charges, optical and hospital travel costs).
The NHS prescription charge is a flat-rate amount which successive Governments have thought it reasonable to charge for those who can afford to pay for their medicines. Prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs) offer real savings for people who need extensive medication.
As of 1st April 2020, the charges are:
- Prescription (per item): £9.15
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £105.90
- 3-month PPC: £29.65
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months, or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
The charge for a single prescription item is £9.15, whereas a three month PPC will cost you £29.65 and a 12 month PPC £105.90.
You can buy PPCs online or call the order line on 0300 330 1341 and pay by debit or credit card.
If you have a pre-payment or exemption certificate please ensure you bring it with you when you come to collect your prescription as our dispensary staff are required to check it every time.